Shalom Kehilat Ariel family and friends!
The holiday of Purim begins tonight at 7:00pm and we will have our main celebration and Megillah reading at the synagogue with an open service.
- Come dressed in costume and with your noisemaker for this joyous celebration of God‘s faithfulness!
- There is also another opportunity to celebrate Purim with our larger family of 80 Messianic synagogues through our denomination. This is a virtual event on Saturday, February 27, 4:30 PM local time with registration at umjc.org
This weekend we continue with our open Shabbat service onsite and online at our usual time on Saturday, 10:30 AM. There is a wonderful slate of events occurring right now and in the upcoming days.
- In San Diego County we can open with 25% of our usual capacity which means about 70 people in the sanctuary. If needed we can overflow into the Social Hall or our beautiful outdoor patio.
- Everyone is invited with no need of any other invitation.
- Health protocols are followed with masks and social distancing.
There is finally a nice opportunity for some good Jewish education. Rabbi Elliot Klayman starts a new class “Messianic Jewish Theology 103″ which deals with the Bible and future events. The class will be taught entirely on zoom so contact our office for the link. $60 per student for this 7-week informative class.
Many good opportunities to connect personally and we will be looking for you. Feel free to invite a friend.
Purim Sameyach/ A joyous holiday!
Blessings and health to everyone!
Rabbi Barney Kasdan
Baruch Haba! Welcome to Kehilat Ariel! Our congregation was planted in November 1981, by our Rabbi Barney Kasdan and his wife Liz with 17 people attending the first Shabbat service. The vision from day-one was to have a synagogue for followers of the Jewish Yeshua/Jesus. Today we have a membership of over 110 families consisting of Jews from various backgrounds (orthodox to secular) as well as non-Jews and intermarried families. Kehilat Ariel is a community where Jewish followers of Yeshua can enjoy their faith within their God-given heritage and non-Jews can learn more about the Jewish roots of their own faith in Yeshua. Together we continue to grow in our personal relationship with God as well as the connection with one another as a vibrant Messianic Jewish community in San Diego, California.
Kehilat Ariel exists to enrich the lives of our congregants by creating meaningful and inspiring Jewish moments that resonate with individuals and families through the generations. For us, the central focus for this is our personal relationship with God through His Mashiach.
Today we have a several weekly services at our beautiful new property in the Clairemont suburb of San Diego. Everyone is welcome no matter what background you may be from (Jew or Gentile, believer or simply curious). You are cordially invited to attend one of our events and we look forward to meeting you and your family soon!